Last Updated on February 5, 2023
Getting into a car accident can completely change your life. Not only do you feel less safe in a car, but you may also have specific injuries that need the care of a specialist. Car accident injury clinics have experience clinicians with the skills and experience to help!
The most common injuries after a car accident are concussions, whiplash, and post-traumatic stress. When you need assistance recovering from your injury, car accident clinics are designed to get you back on your feet. These medical settings specialize in specific injuries and are well aware of how to improve issues like pain, mobility, self-confidence and trauma.
Below are the best car accident injury clinics in Portland, Oregon. We’ll explore the services they offer, the insurance they accept, and what you should do to prepare for your visit.
Don’t delay your car accident injury. Contact us today for an appointment!
Inner Gate Health & Wellness
One of the last things you want to do after a car accident is going to several healthcare appointments. We’re well aware of how frustrating this recovery period is and are keen on providing you with a smooth journey.
Our car accident clinic combines chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage. We provide all the care you need in one convenient location, we even have great parking. Our clinicians are experienced at resolving car accident injuries. We pride ourselves on providing a relaxing and effective clinic where you can heal and achieve sustainable pain relief. Alongside the glowing testimonials of past patients, we’ve consistently one Portland Top Docs for over 10 years.
Just a few of the auto accidents injuries that we treat include:
- Neck pain
- Soft tissue damage
- Chronic pain
- Mobility issues
If you’re concerned about COVID-19 safety protocols, rest easy knowing we take your safety seriously at our clinics. We ensure masking is strictly enforced for both patients and staff inside the building. We also maintain a very close eye on changing healthcare norms and encourage patients who are feeling unwell to book a later appointment.
Did you know pedestrians and cyclists face the highest risk of road injury? With so many risk factors at your feet, it’s helpful to know you have specialized clinics on your site.
Hosmer Chiropractic Health is ready to make your car accident injury a thing of the past. These practitioners make it clear up front how much they love a challenge, so rest easy knowing your issue will receive proper treatment. Like most car accident injury clinics, they often focus on the most common issues such as whiplash and chronic pain.
Other services they provide to help you recover include:
- Sports injury recovery
- Therapeutic massage
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Chronic pain
Going to a car accident injury clinic for the first time? We’re a dedicated team of specialists ready to help
Flexibility is usually not what people first think of when recovering from a car accident. Corbett Hill Wellness Center goes against the grain to provide one of the most adaptable approaches to recovery.
Paying for care is often the most stressful part of the journey for Americans. If you’re concerned about your ability to make payments, Corbett Hill provides several flexible treatment plans. This clinic accepts many health insurance plans alongside discounts for fast payment. If you’re worried about needing a referral, this establishment doesn’t require them to see a specialist.
The services provided by this car accident injury clinic include:
- Massage therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Naturopathic approaches
North Portland Wellness
Established back in 2007, North Portland Wellness has a long and hefty portfolio helping people recover from car accident injuries. Alongside this specialty, they provide general services to improve their patient’s overall quality of life.
North Portland Wellness leads the charge in convenient telehealth appointments to supplement their in-person visits. If you need to rely on telehealth while recovering from an illness or managing a busy schedule, this clinic is for you.
The services offered at this clinic include the following:
- Chiropractic care
Alongside helping out car injury accident patients, this clinic also offers treatment for:
- Women’s health and fertility
- Chronic pain and injury treatment
- Pediatric acupuncture
Pure Life Clinic
Are you worried about long wait times to be seen? Pure Life Clinic gives you the chance to get care as quickly as possible compared to standard urgent care clinics.
When the goal is to return you to your life as quickly as possible, long wait times aren’t acceptable! This clinic coordinates not just with health insurance providers, but car insurance providers to give you the most comprehensive coverage. Alongside car accident injury recovery, this clinic also supports bike accident injuries.
Several services offered here include:
- Sports medicine
- Pain management
- Trigger point injection
How We Chose These Clinics as the Best for Car Accident Recovery
Various thoughts and factors went into choosing these five best car accident recovery clinics in Portland, Oregon. All of the clinics on our list employ certified professionals, provide high-quality treatment for their patients, and offer various services to help you recover from your car accident quickly.
How many days after a car accident can you feel the pain from it?
Depending on the severity of your injuries from the car accident, how soon you get them treated, and the type of treatment you choose, your pain could last for days, weeks, or even a lifetime.
That’s why choosing the right car accident injury clinic is crucial—if you don’t get the correct treatment at the right time, your pain will last even longer.
What are the most common injuries in car accidents?
You can get injured in various ways during a car accident. The most common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Scars and scar tissue
- Facial injuries
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Brain injuries
- Leg and foot injuries
- Back injuries
- Post-traumatic stress
- Pain and distress
- Internal bleeding
And sometimes the symptoms of these injuries aren’t immediately apparent—ensure that you seek treatment from a car accident injury clinic quickly after your accident. Waiting too long can allow a minor issue to become a major issue.
What are the symptoms of trauma after a car accident?
If you were recently in a car accident, watch out for these symptoms of trauma:
- Headaches: Headaches are a common symptom after car accidents. While most of them are fairly minor, you should visit a car accident injury clinic if they are consistent for days after the crash—it could be a blood clot, concussion, or another traumatic injury that can have serious consequences.
- Stiff or painful shoulders and neck: If you have pain in your neck and shoulders after your accident, it’s likely whiplash. If you leave whiplash untreated, it can cause intense pain for a long period.
- Numbness: Any numbness—especially in your arms, legs, and hands—could mean serious damage to your spinal cord. You need to have these injuries treated immediately to minimize the chance of further damage.
- Back pain: Pain in your back—particularly your upper or mid back—is also a sign of whiplash; however, it could also signal a more serious injury, like ligament, muscle, or nerve damage.
- Abdominal pain: It’s not uncommon to get bruises from your seatbelt, but persistent or extremely large ones could be a symptom of internal bleeding—in that case, you’ll need to seek immediate emergency medical treatment.
- Behavioral changes: Symptoms of brain injuries or a concussion after a car accident include changes in your personality or thought processes—if you or someone else notices these changes, see a medical professional right away.
- Coordination or movement challenges: While you should expect some stiffness after a car accident, persistent difficulty with your coordination or your movement could signal a brain injury or spinal cord damage.
- Nightmares or flashbacks: Finally, PTSD is not uncommon after being in a car accident (no matter the severity). If you have nightmares or flashbacks, they can significantly impact your daily life and be the source of panic attacks, reminding you of the accident.
How do you strengthen your body after a car accident?
Even if your car accident didn’t leave you with significant injuries, you will likely experience soreness, muscle aches, pains, etc.
However, there are some ways to relieve that soreness and strengthen your body after a car accident.
- Chiropractic care: Seeing a chiropractor to strengthen your body after a car accident can help restore your mobility, reduce inflammation in your body due to micro-tears, and prevent further back pain. In addition, it can eliminate or reduce your need to rely on pain medication.
- Stay hydrated: Water is great for your sore muscles as they heal—dehydration can cause cramps and tightening, worsening the pain caused by the accident.
- Massage therapy: Another great way to relieve pain and strengthen your body after a car accident is massage therapy. It can help strengthen your parasympathetic nervous system, relieve your general soreness and pain, and increase your circulation to treat soft tissue injuries like whiplash.
- Get enough rest: Just like when any part of your body isn’t at its best, your muscles need rest after an injury. So slow down, don’t overwork your muscles, and give them plenty of time to recover and rest after the car accident.
- Acupuncture: Seeing an acupuncturist after your car accident can help relieve inflammation and pain quickly, help with headaches and neck pain from whiplash, and relieve the anxiety and stress that’s so common after a traumatic event.
What makes injuries heal faster?
Visiting a recovery clinic after a car accident can help you heal faster. Chiropractic treatment, massage therapy, and acupuncture sessions can help speed up the recovery process by:
- Reducing inflammation without medication
- Preventing long-term issues
- Restoring range of motion
- Reducing painful scar tissue
- Healing strains, sprains, and micro-tears
- Improving joint function and mobility
- Enhancing nerve function and circulation
- Releasing stress and tension
What is the fastest way to recover after a car accident?
Chiropractic care can make a significant difference in your car accident recovery. After an accident, your body gets thrown out of alignment, and a chiropractor can help determine where that misalignment is strongest and help your body rediscover its balance.
Seeing a chiropractor at a recovery clinic is the fastest way to recover from a car accident and ensure a complete recovery by healing your injuries in the ways mentioned above.
What type of therapy might you need after a car accident?
The three most effective types of therapy following a car accident are chiropractic care, massage therapy, and acupuncture.
One, two, or all three of these therapies can help you feel better sooner and recover faster without relying on taking multiple medications every day.
Book your appointment at Inner Gate Health and Wellness and start feeling relief today.
Why You Should Visit a Car Accident Injury Clinic
Car accident injury clinics are able to pinpoint your issues faster than a generalized urgent care setting. When your injury is invisible or chronic, a specialist will be able to help you as swiftly as possible.
We’re ready to provide you with the ability to reduce your pain, pinpoint your issues, and improve your quality of life. We at Inner Gate Health and Wellness combine naturopathy methods with modern medicine to give you the full range of benefits. If you’re concerned about scheduling or payment, reach out to us anytime for a consultation.