Naturopathic doctors are highly trained, board certified physicians that utilize modern medical diagnostics like lab tests and disease differentiation to identify the root cause of your illness. By focusing not only on disease symptomology, but it’s origins, our naturopathic doctor can create an individualized treatment plan that combines specific diet and lifestyle recommendations, as well as the prescription of natural supplements, herbs, and if need be pharmaceutical prescriptions. This comprehensive approach allows patients to experience symptomatic relief and the curbing of their disease progression. As you advance through your healing process, our physician will adjust your treatment plan to support recovery and incorporate recommendations that aim to prevent future illness.
Naturopathic Approach to Care
- Directly address the underlying cause of disease
- Treat each person as an individual
- Employ the least invasive options
- Proactively prevent illness
Naturopathic Medicine is Functional Medicine
Many patients have been searching out physicians who practice functional medicine. Naturopathic medicine and functional medicine are one in the same. They utilize many of the same approaches to disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
How Naturopathic Medicine individualizes care
- Personalized dietary recommendations that decrease systemic inflammation
- Utilize a wide-array of laboratory testing to identify true causes of illness in order to direct treatment
- Prescribe targeted supplements and herbs that assist in the healing of your body
- Help to implement an exercise regimen that progresses within your current functional ability to improve strength and cardiovascular health
What does Dr. Krebsbach specialize in?
- Digestive Issues: SIBO, Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Hypothyroidism and Autoimmune disorders
- Infertility and Pregnancy support
- Menstrual irregularities and PMS
- Hot Flashes and other symptoms of Menopause
- PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Interstitial Cystitis
- Fatigue and Insomnia
- Adjunctive cancer care
- High Cholesterol and Diabetes
- Weight-loss or Weight-gain
- Acute and Chronic Pain, Migraines
- Anxiety, Depression, ADD/ADHD
- Allergies, Asthma and skin issues
Scope Of Practice
The scope of practice of naturopathic doctors (NDs) varies by jurisdiction. Currently, seventeen states, Puerto Rico, and five Canadian provinces license naturopathic physicians. Several of these jurisdictions, Oregon included, regard NDs as primary care physicians and provide them with the scope of diagnostic and therapeutic privileges necessary for patients to see them first for various health conditions. In those jurisdictions in which NDs are not licensed, the scope of practice excludes the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Our naturopathic physician, Dr. Krebsbsach, graduated in 2007 after completing a six-year post-graduate dual-degree program in both Naturopathic Medicine and Acupuncture. There are five accredited naturopathic schools in the United States. You can read more about the governing institution and its accredited programs here.