Portland Sports Medicine Acupuncture®
Oliver Leonetti L.Ac. and Erik Isaacman L.Ac. have both completed the year-long certification program and passed all of the exams to earn their certificates in Sports Medicine Acupuncture. Casey McGuire L.Ac. and Terry Atchley L.Ac. are both now in the process of completing the certification.
PRACTITIONERS ARE EXTENSIVELY TRAINED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Evaluation of injuries and orthopedic disorders to find the cause of pain and dysfunction. Based on these findings, treatment plans are then devised, which include acupuncture, myofascial release (a type of clinical deep tissue massage), and corrective exercises.
- Postural assessment to understand the global imbalances that can lead to, and/or prevent proper healing of, orthopedic disorders and sports injuries.
- Anatomy in great detail, including cadaver dissections. This allows for a comprehensive three-dimensional understanding of anatomy relevant to needle techniques, manual therapy techniques, and assessment of injuries.
- Relating the acupuncture channels discussed in Traditional Chinese Medicine to anatomical structures, especially continuous myofascial planes (myo-muscle, fascia-connective tissue).
Injuries We Treat at Our Portland Sports Medicine Clinic
At Inner Gate Health & Wellness, we aim to provide the best possible care in the following areas:
- Head & neck
- Hand & wrist
- Sacroiliac joint & hip
- Spine & back
- Knee & leg
- Foot & ankle
Portland Sports Medicine Chiropractic
Chiropractic care is frequently utilized in sports medicine. In fact, most professional sports teams have an on-staff chiropractor for games and practices. Chiropractic care is helpful for all types of athletes such as the weekend warriors, collegiate athletes, cross-fit and for a variety of activities such as endurance races, contact and non-contact sports.
There are many treatments a chiropractor may use to help an athlete recover from an injury or for preventative care, such as:
- Chiropractic manipulation of the spinal and extremity joints to help optimize proper mechanics for key movements during activities.
- Soft tissue techniques such as Gua-Sha, cupping and percussion-based tools to help reduce muscle tension, reduce scar tissue and improve range of motion.
- Targeted strengthening exercises to restore proper muscle control and prevent future injuries.
Meet Our Portland Sports Medicine Chiropractor
Why Choose Us as Your Portland Sports Medicine Provider?
At Inner Gate Health & Wellness:
- We’ll devise a treatment plan to help preserve your health, joints, and active lifestyle.
- We’ll prioritize your needs and offer you the latest innovations in non-surgical healing.
- We strive to develop a strong relationship with each of our patients.
- We provide a supportive environment designed to help you recover faster.